Excessive and unnecessary anxiety affects over 40 million individuals in the United States and can be very problematic to manage. In several studies concerning the use of CBD oil for anxiety, CBD appears to rise synaptic response in the brain with serotonin levels.
While people don’t usually think of stress as desirable, it is a natural and critical adaptive response. Stress can assist in coping with threats to welfare and safety. These responses play a vital role in helping people to recognize and deter possible threats. These are the responses that motivate people into taking action to improve their situation (improve relationships, pay bills, work harder, and so on). Some individuals are not able to manage these natural responses well. They can become a nuisance and negatively affect their relationships to others and overall productivity.
How Can CBD Treat Anxiety?
In Great Britain, the effect of CBD on conditioned anxiety was tested in a detailed study1. In the double-blind study with 47 volunteers, an anxiety stimulus was built up and then reduced. Participants given CBD had a larger positive trend curve in eliminating anxiety. These results provide the first evidence that CBD can improve the consolidation of extinction learning in humans and suggest that CBD may have potential as an adjunct to extinction-based therapies for anxiety disorders.
Based on previous animal studies,2 human studies have begun to provide evidence that CBD can alleviate various commonly reported anxiety-related disorders. These include anxiety, social phobia, and acute stress.
Brazilian scientists carried out a study of patients induced with generalized social anxiety. The participants reported a substantial decrease in anxiety after consuming CBD. Investigators validated patient’s subjective reports by conducting brain scans indicating cerebral blood flow patterns uniform with an anti-anxiety effect3.
What is The Proper Dosage of CBD oil to Treat Anxiety?
There are a number of factors that need to be considered when looking for the perfect dosage of CBD for you. Some of them are:
- Your state of health or discomfort
- How severe your complaints are
- You metabolism
- How you react to CBD
- Your body weight
- Sensitivity to cannabis
- Your personal body chemistry (including any other medications you are taking)
Based on the guide in the book, we recommend the Step-Up method, where you gradually increase the dose until the desired results are achieved.
The Step-Up Method
- Leinow & Birnbaum in their book “CBD: A patient’s guide to Medical Cannabis” recommend microdose for anxiety disorders (increasing up to a standard dose, if needed)
- Look through our visual guides (below) and search for your body weight in the left column. If it is betweent wo values shown, use the value, closer to your weigth.
- Start at the lowest daily dosage under Step 1. This is your starting dosage. Keep it for one week.
- Listen to your body and take notes if necessary. If necessary, you can then increase the dose to the next step, keep it for one week and so on. The drops do not have to be taken all at once. For larger quantities, it is advisable to divide the drops into morning, midday and evening.
- If you notice any negative effects, reduce the dose. It is not a question of increasing the dose steadily, but of finding the ideal dose. Due to the two-phase effect, both a too low and a too high dose are less effective.
- Once you have found a dose that you feel comfortable with, keep it. This will be your target dosage from now on.
About the graphics:
The numbers represent the number of drops and the concentration of CBD oil. Example: 6 x 5 stands for six drops of 500mg CBD oil. CBD oil with different concentration can be substituted (Example: Four drops 1500mg CBD oil correspond to twelve drops 500 CBD oil).
Quality CBD Products For Anxiety
As THC can induce stress, it is essential to find an industrial hemp CBD oil that doesn’t contain THC. Some products will be labeled with concentrations of CBD, others will have nutritional information. Products extracted using different methods may contain cannabinoids including THC, pesticides, and fungi that are left over from the plants. They could also contain material as well as other contaminants introduced during the manufacturing process.
Nordic Oil provides high quality, full spectrum CBD oil products that are tested and certified in third-party independent laboratories. Our products are tested for concentration, quality, and content and provide in-depth information regarding the nature of the testing and results.
Consult Your Healthcare Professional
Talk to your healthcare provider on the usage of CBD oil to treat your anxiety disorder. Let them explain to you whether CBD could bring about any undesired reactions. Should you experience any side effects, you should share these with your health care provider as well.
Remember that everybody is different. CBD may take less time for some and more time for others to be effective. Follow instructions on the label cautiously and any directions provided to you by your doctor for the best results.
Testimonials about CBD and anxiety disorders
These testimonies are from people who have used CBD oil against their anxiety. According to the following reviews and testimonials, some customers have achieved good results with CBD oil from Nordic Oil. Some took a few weeks for their body to accumulate the amount of CBD required for the positive effect.
Here are some customer reviews. For more testimonials, read our blog article on CBD for mental disorders.
Some users of Nordic Oil’s CBD products have published their experiences on the Trustpilot rating platform:*
Great handling, great product
“Why CBD? I have always suffered from unfounded anxiety, a nervous bladder, and irritable bowel syndrome, as well as neck tension and resulting sleep disorders. I have tried a lot of home remedies, sports, and other stuff. Everything helped only conditionally or temporarily. I have also tested other CBD products, but since they contain only a small part of all the ingredients or are presumably made with errors, their effect was not convincing. I wrestled with myself for a long time and in the end, I tried a product from NordicOil as the last attempt and see there. SUCCESS! After the first few drops, my stomach got better, the nervousness was much reduced and also the neck tension was slowly loosened. Since then I feel dazzled again and also the fear which always accompanied me for no reason has almost completely disappeared. Many thanks for such a great natural product. I will definitely order again :)”
I have been fighting for 10 years …
“I’ve been struggling for 10 years with severe panic attacks that have affected my life (if you could call it that), long speech, short meaning…for a month I’ve been taking CBD, it’s taken me a while to learn how to dose it, and everyone has to realize that for themselves, but I have to say that after 10 years I feel good again. I have not tested any other products, but Nordic Oil has served its purpose for me.”
*Nordic Oil’s products are available in a number of countries, therefore the reviews we receive are in many different languages. The customer reviews within this article have been translated for the convenience of our English speaking readers.
- Das, R., et. al (2013). Cannabidiol enhances consolidation of explicit fear extinction in humans. Psychopharmacology, 226(4), pp.781-792.
- Zieba, Jerzy, et al. „Cannabidiol (CBD) reduces anxiety-related behavior in mice via an FMRP1-independent mechanism.“ Pharmacology Biochemistry and Behavior (2019
- Bergamaschi, M., et. al (2011). Cannabidiol Reduces the Anxiety Induced by Simulated Public Speaking in Treatment-Naïve Social Phobia Patients. Neuropsychopharmacology, 36(6), pp.1219-1226.